Best Answer

multiply the denominator by the whole number then add the numerator and you have an improper fraction

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2012-11-28 17:24:33
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


20 cards

A polynomial of degree zero is a constant term

The grouping method of factoring can still be used when only some of the terms share a common factor A True B False

The sum or difference of p and q is the of the x-term in the trinomial

A number a power of a variable or a product of the two is a monomial while a polynomial is the of monomials

See all cards
2001 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do you turn a mixed fraction to an improper fraction?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

How do you multiply 2 mixed numbers?

turn fraction into a improper fraction

How do yo turn mixed numbers into ratio?

turn the mixed number into an improper fraction

How do you turn two hundred sevenths into a mixed number?

You have to turn it into a improper fraction

Is improper has come out of mixed fraction?

A mixed number can be converted to an improper fraction.

How do you divide mixed number with a proper fraction?

turn the fraction upside down and multiplyConvert the mixed number to an improper fraction and multiply it by the reciprocal of the fraction.

Is a mixed number a proper or improper fraction?

Improper Fraction.

How do you turn 65.6 from a mixed number to an improper fraction?

65.6 = 656/10

How do you turn a mixed number to an percentage?

First, turn the mixed number into a improper fraction. Then change the improper fraction into a decimal. Then, change it into a percent by moving the decimal point two spaces to the right. Ex: .10 is 10%

How do i turn an improper fraction into a mixed number?

To convert an improper fraction to a mixed number, divide the denominator into the numerator. The answer is the whole number. Put any remainder over the original denominator to create the fraction part.

How do you subtract mixed numbers and improper fraction?

First you would want to change the mixed number to an improper fraction. Then you can subtract

How do you turn an improper fraction to a fraction?

you divide the top number by the bottom number. boom, there's your mixed number.

How do you turn improper fraction to a mixed fraction?

Consider the improper fraction n/p. Since it is improper, n must be greater than p.Divide n by p to give the quotient q and remainder r. Thenn/p = q r/p is the equivalent mixed fraction.Conversely, a mixed fraction of the form x y/z can be written as the improper fraction (xz + y)/z.

People also asked