How improper fraction?

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2017-02-04 13:29:45

Best Answer

To change a mixed number to improper fraction, multiply the whole number by the denominator, then add the numerator. Put this result over the denominator.

For example 4 4/12

Multiply 4 X 12 = 48

Add to the numerator: 48 + 4 = 52.

Put this result over the denominator: 52/12

This still is not in simplest form, so divide top and bottom by 4.

52/12 = 13/3

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2017-02-04 13:29:45
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


20 cards

A polynomial of degree zero is a constant term

The grouping method of factoring can still be used when only some of the terms share a common factor A True B False

The sum or difference of p and q is the of the x-term in the trinomial

A number a power of a variable or a product of the two is a monomial while a polynomial is the of monomials

See all cards
1216 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How improper fraction?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked