Run copper wire (green in color) of the same wire size as the switch's to either your service panel's grounding bar, or run to a cold water pipe that has a "jumper" across any indoor meters. Its not a good idea to ground to water lines anymore cause they have been finding that it causes pin holes in the copper lines and shortens the life of the copper tubeing.
Short in the wiring, brake light assembly, or possibly a defective brake light switch.
if light is not going off, bad switch or short in wiring to light!!
You could have a bad switch or a loose wire on it but I would check your door pins wiring to make sure they are working properly as well as a loose wire could be grounding out and turning it on. Just my thoughts.
The switch is failing or the wiring within is loose and bridging the contacts
Short in switch or wiring. Get this repaired ASAP or you may have a fire. answer replace light switch
what is the relationship of light bulb and grounding
need a wiring diagram for a 94 chev cab for the brake light switch
If the switch is concealed in the door latch--(common problem) Spray door latch liberally with WD40 open and close door many times--then spray with silicone should solve problem If not in door latch- could be faulty light switch or wire grounding somewhere in door switch remove, replace and check wiring
If you mean which wire goes where on the back of the light switch assembly, google MSD's free online instructions for wiring their kits It'll show the clips on the switch and the factory wire colours and where the go
No, the common American light switch is only rated for a maximum of 125 volts.
Three-way light switches come with a wiring diagram on the package.
It could be a bad bulb, it could be bad wiring, it could be a bad switch.