hypergeometric distribution f(k;N,n,m) = f(3;52,4,3)
The probability of drawing the first ace is 4 in 52. The probability of getting the second ace is 3 in 51. The probability of getting the third ace is 2 in 50. The probability, then, of drawing three aces is (4 in 52) times (3 in 51) times (2 in 50), which is 24 in 132600, or 1 in 5525, or about 0.0001810
For a single random choice from a standard deck, the probability is 1/13.For a single random choice from a standard deck, the probability is 1/13.For a single random choice from a standard deck, the probability is 1/13.For a single random choice from a standard deck, the probability is 1/13.
The probability of a single point being chosen is 0.The probability of a single point being chosen is 0.The probability of a single point being chosen is 0.The probability of a single point being chosen is 0.
The probability is (4/52) * (4/52) = 1/169 = 0.0059, approx.
Q. A letter is chosen at random from the word STATistician.What is the probability that it is a vowel?What is the probability that it is T.
If the two marbles are drawn without replacement, the probability is 16/33.
The probability is 0.3692
1 out of 20 this is because there are 20 numbers in total, and there is only one 7 in there. (Assuming that there is the same probability for each number to be chosen, and that 17 is excluded as an affirmative outcome)
Probability that a girl is chosen = 23/45 = .511 So, the probability that a boy is chosen = 1 - .511 = .489
You have a 4/52 chance of your card being an ace the first time and a 4/52 chance of your card being an ace the second time. 4/52 * 4/52 or (Simplified) 1/13 * 1/13 = 1/169
The answer depends on how many are chosen at a time.
the answer is 1 out of 26
50 50 odd or even same probability
according to me its 1/2 as the possibility of getting an even is 1/2
1- P(identical) - P(fraternal) =1-0.004-0.023 =0.973 The probability of being a identical or fraternal twin plus the probability of not being a twin has to add to 1. so 1- probability of being twins=probability of not being a twin ;-)
The probability that five cards chosen at random from a standard deck will all be the same suit is 12/51 * 11/50 * 10/49 * 9/48 = about 0.2%.
The probability of a woman being chosen in this situation is 7/11.
As all the angles in a square measure 90°, the probability of 2 randomly chosen angles being congruent is 1.
What the answer
The ratio of girls to total students is 15:25, or 3:5. Three out of five students are girls so there would be a 60% probability that a girl would be chosen; a 2 out of 5 chance, or 40% probability that a boy would be chosen.
P(twin)=P(identical)+P(fraternal) P(twin)=0.004 +0.023 P(twin)=0.027 [That's 27 out of 1,000 cases, or 54 persons out of 1027.]
why ingredients to be chosen must meet standard