Best Answer


To measure an object smaller than an inch you can use a ruler. Builders often use rulers to measure things smaller than an inch. Or you can use a vernier caliper to accurately measure small things.

If you r are talking about what measurements you use then you use parts of an inch ie 16ths or 8ths or 32nds of an inch.

Click on 'related links' below to see a picture of a vernier caliper.

User Avatar

Wiki User

2010-05-26 02:36:20
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


20 cards

A polynomial of degree zero is a constant term

The grouping method of factoring can still be used when only some of the terms share a common factor A True B False

The sum or difference of p and q is the of the x-term in the trinomial

A number a power of a variable or a product of the two is a monomial while a polynomial is the of monomials

See all cards
2564 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What do you use to measure something smaller than an inch?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked