answersLogoWhite

0


Best Answer

2 Meters

User Avatar

Wiki User

12y ago
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What should be the distance from electrical outlet from a water tank?
Write your answer...
Submit
Still have questions?
magnify glass
imp
Continue Learning about Electrical Engineering

How far is the required distance between electrical outlet and sink in an office building?

Before the code requiring all outlets to have GFCI protection that at within 6' of a water source you were required to install the outlet at least 6' from the sink. Now, there is no minimum distance but all outlets must be GFCI protected that are installed within 6' of a water source.


How can you ground an ungrounded electrical outlet to a cold water pipe?

It is true that a cold water pipe will work as a ground but it should not be trusted. If the wiring in a house is older then the introduction of electrical grounding I would have to recommend the instillation of new grounded wiring. Grounding using the plumbing system, past where the cold water pipe enters the house, can present a hazard to plumbers. They can receive electrical shock if they remove a piece of pipe that was part of the groundings pathway. Also, as plumbing codes change they do not take into account electrical need. In many areas of the united states plumbers are using non-metallic piping and fitting. If this is added to your system you will lose your grounding.


Why is special fire fighting equipment needed for electrical and non electrical fires?

Water conducts electricity and is therefore contraindicated for use on energized electrical equipment, however it is much cheaper than the chemicals that can be used on energized equipment making it more economical when water is able to be used. Similarly water should not be used on grease fires as it will spread out the grease and the fire rather than smothering it. Water if pure without contaminants does not conduct . Having stated that electrical fire can hardly be contained by water since the air itself will conduct electrons by ionization. So to contain an electrical fire a the oxygen must be removed and water will not do that.


Why must an electrical circuit be closed for energy to flow?

The electrical circuit is analogus to the water piping system. The word "close" means connection of a switch to get a complete circuit and to a water system you open the valve to let the water flows. Likewise if there is a connection the electrical energy flows. If "open" that means disconnected and for water piping system closing the valve to stop water flows. Therefore "close" for electrical ciruit means "open" for water piping system, and "open" for the former means "close" for the latter.


Why is the accumulation of moisture dangerous in electrical appliances?

The water can cause circuits to short or ground out, with hazards of electrical shocks or fires.

Related questions

How far is the required distance between electrical outlet and sink in an office building?

Before the code requiring all outlets to have GFCI protection that at within 6' of a water source you were required to install the outlet at least 6' from the sink. Now, there is no minimum distance but all outlets must be GFCI protected that are installed within 6' of a water source.


Is it safe to have an electrical outlet behind a shower wall next to the faucet valves where the water tank is also stored?

Sure, as long as it is not exposed to direct contact with water (the phrasing of your question is confusing). You should have a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interupt) outlet in this wet location. Its purpose is to protect the user of an electrical appliance from electrocution. It is highly sensitive to moisture intrusion into the circuit, which causes it to trip.


A body of water which has no outlet other than evaporation?

Should be a freshwater lake.


does the outlet for the dishwasher have to be on the same side of the garbage disposal drainage outlet?

Yes the outlet for the dishwasher should be on the same side as the disposal,so the disposal can handle the waste water from the dishwasher.


What type of extinguisher should be used on an electrical fire?

A water-type or water-based foam type of extinguisher should not be used on an electrical fire because water and foam are electrical conductors and could result in electrocution of the person using the extinguisher or anyone stepping in the water.


How do you Replace a house water pump?

first disconnect all electrical supply to pump and then detach the pipe or pipefittings joined with pump's outlet and inlet.


Should a gasoline or electrical fire be put out by water?

Neither a gasoline or electrical fire should be put out by water. A gasoline fire should be put out by a fire extinguisher labeled A B C. An electrical fire should first have the power switched off. Then the fire extinguisher should be used.


Is it safe to use a toaster in the bath?

Definitely not! Please don't mix electricity and water!


How is a house outlet different from a barn outlet?

A barn outlet should have water resistant covers. Great care should be taken to insure proper grounding since farm animals are more sensitive to shock than humans and the chance of standing water is greater in a barn which poses a greater risk of electrocution.


What type of fire extinguisher should be used on an electrical fires?

A water-type or water-based foam type of extinguisher should not be used on an electrical fire because water and foam are electrical conductors and could result in electrocution of the person using the extinguisher or anyone stepping in the water.


Should a 1979 mercury 150hp pee when you first start it?

If by "pee" you mean the motor is shooting water out of the water outlet, then yes it should do this--the water pump turns when the engine does.


How do you dry a wet electrical outlet?

While powerwashing, water ran down the cord into the outdoor electrical outlet. Sparks flew, and the fuse "blew" into the off position on the master panel. I tried using a blowdryer, and it worked temporarily, then the fuse blew again. I tried using a fan blowing directly into the outlet also, but that does not appear to help. Do I need to call an electrician, or will it naturally dry out over time?