The general function is:
1. y = a*x+b
b is irrelevant and we can be removed
2. y = a*x
lets split x into ones and tens
3. x = tens*10 + ones /e.g. 23 = 2*10 + 3
4. p1 = Multiplier of the ones
p2 = Multiplier of the tens
5. y = tens*10*p2 + ones*p1 /according to the question
6. x*a = tens*10*p2 + ones*p1 /according to 2.
7. (tens*10 + ones)*a = tens*10*p2 + ones*p1 /according to 3.
8. tens*10*a + ones*a = tens*10*p2 + ones*p1 /regroup
9. tens*10*a - tens*10*p2 + ones*a - ones*p1 = 0 /regroup
10. tens*10*(a-p2) + ones*(a-p1) = 0 /regroup
11. assuming "tens" and "ones" are not 0 then (a-p2) and (a-p1) must be 0
12. a-p2 = 0
a-p1 = 0
13. a = p2
a = p1
14. a = p1 = p2
the answer is: when the Multipliers of ones and tens are equal then the product is called a.
Each number is called a factor. The answer is the product.
Multiplicand times multiplier equals product.
Any numbers being multiplied by each other are called factors. The solution to a multiplication problem is called a product. Because of the commutative property of multiplication both numbers being multiplied together are called "factors." This is why - 3 x 5 = 15 5 x 3 = 15 It doesn't matter the order of the 3 or the 5. They are both called factors, and the product is the answer, 15.
That is correct.
That is correct.
It is the result of two numbers being multiplied by each other.
The definition of a product is the outcome number of two or more numbers that have been multiplied by each other.
The product of two numbers is the number that results when they are multiplied by each other. So the product of 2 and 9 = 2 * 9, or 18.
The reason to do that is to keep each job separately so we know the cost of production for each product.