Best Answer

Changing an improper fraction to a mixed number - simply divide the denominator number into the numerator. For example take the fraction 37/16. 16 divides into 37 twice with 5 remainder. So the proper fraction would be 2 & 5/16.

Changing from a mixed number to an improper fraction - multiply the whole number by the denominator, then add the numerator. Using the above example of 2 & 5/16, this would be 16x2 then add 5 to give 37/16.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2012-01-17 08:18:14
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


20 cards

A polynomial of degree zero is a constant term

The grouping method of factoring can still be used when only some of the terms share a common factor A True B False

The sum or difference of p and q is the of the x-term in the trinomial

A number a power of a variable or a product of the two is a monomial while a polynomial is the of monomials

See all cards
2244 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Changing improper fraction to mixed number and vice versa?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked