Best Answer

Often, we are asked to convert a mixed number to an improper fraction or the other way around.

To convert a mixed number to an improper fraction, multiply the denominator by the whole number, add that total to the numerator and put the whole thing over the original denominator.

To convert an improper fraction to a mixed number, divide the denominator into the numerator. The answer is the whole number. Put any remainder over the original denominator to create the fraction part.

22/7 = 3 and 1/7

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2014-02-14 03:19:26
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +5 pts
Q: What does it mean to change a mix number?
Write your answer...

Related Questions

How can you change a mix number into a whole number?


How do you change 6.049 into a mix number?

6.049 as a mixed number is 6 and 49/1000

How do you change a mix number into a percent?

first turn the mixednumber into a decimal

How you can change improper fraction to a mix fraction?

you have to multiply the top and bottom number by the same number

How can you change a mix number to a fraction?

by multiplying the denominator with the whole number and adding the numerator. the denominator will remain the same.

Change the decimal 1.2 to a mix number?

1.2 = 12/10 = 11/5

How do you change a mix fraction to a proper fraction?

Multiply the bottom by the whole number...and then add THAT number by the top number,hope this is what you're looking for!

1.21 as a mix number?

1.21 as a mix number

Is mixing drink mix a physical change or a chemical change?

Mixing a drink mix is a physical change.

What does MIX mean in Roman Numerals?

MIX means 1009.

In a recent 10 year period the change in the number of visitors to an amusement park was about -1500 visitors. What was the mean yearly change in the number of visitors?

The mean change was -150.

What is the mix number for 22-6?


How do we change the mix number into an improper fractions?

Multiply the whole number part by the denominator of the fractional part and add the result to the numerator of the fractional part.

Is dissolving drink mix a physical change?

Yes. Dissolving drink mix does not change its chemical composition.

Is trail mix a chemical change?

Trail mix is a heterogeneous mixture and does not involve a chemical change to make.

What does it mean if a function has a constant rate of change?

if a number can change randomly it is called a variable

If you mix flour with water is it a physical change?

flour mix with water is a physical change because when you will mix it ,flour will settle down at the bottom and we can separate it out by filteration.

How do you change 17.82 into a mixed number?

the answer would be 18. Mixed number can also mean whole number.

How do you change the mix number 1 7 8's into in improper fraction?

17/8 = 15/8

What mix number is equivalent to 29 9?

Assuming you mean 29 over 9, then it is 3 2/9

Can you mix alcohol and NyQuil?

If you mean mix in the sense of "put them in a beaker and stir", then sure you can mix them. If you mean mix in the sense of "take them both at the same time", then that's a horrible idea.

Why solid do not mix well but gases and liquids mix easily in most cases?

Solids do not mix well because there shape can not change. But a liquid and a gas can change their form. For example- you can't just change the shape of ice, but you can change the shape of water. Hope that helps

What does the math term constant mean?

Constant just means that the number does not change. For example, in Chemistry, avogadro's number is 6.022x10^23 and that number will never change, therefore it is a constant.

Why did rhrmics off the xfactor change there name to little mix?

they had to change their name because a charity was called rythmix and they complained so they had to change their name to little mix

How do you change 15 percent to a mix number?

A mixed number is a whole number plus a fraction, so it must be more than '1'. 15% is less than '1', so there's no way it can be a mixed number.