Best Answer

They are called these names:

1. solidus

2. fraction bar

3. division bar

User Avatar

Wiki User

13y ago
This answer is:
User Avatar
More answers
User Avatar


Lvl 1
3y ago

fraction bar

This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What is the line separating the numerator and denominator called?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

What is the vertical line called separating the numerator from the denominator?

It's called a vinculum.

What is the top of a fraction called?

A fraction has two parts. On the top is the numerator, and on the bottom is the denominator. The line separating them is called the vinculum.

What is venticulum?

Venticulum is the line separating numerator and denominator when a number is presented as a ratio.

How would you write 19 over 100?

The answer is 19/100. 19 is the numerator and 100 is the denominator. You would write the numerator over the denominator, separating them with a horizontal line in the middle.

What do you called the line between the numerator and the denominator?

It is called a vinculum.

What is line the numerator and denominator?

It is called the fraction bar.

What is the number ontop of the line in a fraction called?

The number above the line in a fraction is called the numerator. The number below the line is called the denominator. So in the fraction 5/7 5 is the numerator and 7 is the denominator.

What is the line in a fracion called?

The solidus line separates the numerator from the denominator in a fraction.

How do you do fractions when asked find fractions?

example: 1/4 the fraction is made up of a numerator, denominator, and vertice the numerator is the number being divided by the denominator or the number on top of the vertice the denominator is the divisor or the number below the vertice the vertice is the line in the middle of a fraction, separating the denominator and numerator

What is the name of a line that divides a fraction?

The line separating the numerator and denominator when displayed as one number over another is called Vinculum, or sometimes referred to as the fraction bar. If the line is a slanting line (such as in "9/10"), it's referred to as the solidus.

What is the name of the line dividing a numerator and a denominator called in maths terms?

the line is called a division bar

is the line that seperats the numerator and the denominator called the verticy?

No it's called the vinculum bar