answersLogoWhite

0


Best Answer

0.1%

User Avatar

Wiki User

11y ago
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What is the probability that the next child will also be normal?
Write your answer...
Submit
Still have questions?
magnify glass
imp
Continue Learning about Statistics

What is the probability that parents that have 2 boys and one girl will have a girl next?

There is not enough information on the propensity for the parents to have a child of either gender and so it is necessary to assume that the probability of the gender of the next child is independent of the genders of preceding children. In that case the probability of the next child being a girl is 1/2.There is not enough information on the propensity for the parents to have a child of either gender and so it is necessary to assume that the probability of the gender of the next child is independent of the genders of preceding children. In that case the probability of the next child being a girl is 1/2.There is not enough information on the propensity for the parents to have a child of either gender and so it is necessary to assume that the probability of the gender of the next child is independent of the genders of preceding children. In that case the probability of the next child being a girl is 1/2.There is not enough information on the propensity for the parents to have a child of either gender and so it is necessary to assume that the probability of the gender of the next child is independent of the genders of preceding children. In that case the probability of the next child being a girl is 1/2.


A couple has two female children What is the probability that their next child will be male?

50%


A woman has 5 children 1 girl and 4 boys What is the probability that her next child will be a girl?

50%, the Father's contribution decides the sex of a child.


What is the probability of after six girls born the next child being a girl?

There is no simple answer to the question because the children's genders are not independent events. They depend on the parents' ages and their genes. Unfortunately there is no readily available research into the genders of seven or more children to establish the experimental probability for such an outcome. However, if you assume that they are independent events then, given that the probability of a girl is approx 0.48, then the probability of the seventh child being a girl is 0.48.


What is the probability that it will rain in February next year?

Certain.

Related questions

What is the probability that parents that have 2 boys and one girl will have a girl next?

There is not enough information on the propensity for the parents to have a child of either gender and so it is necessary to assume that the probability of the gender of the next child is independent of the genders of preceding children. In that case the probability of the next child being a girl is 1/2.There is not enough information on the propensity for the parents to have a child of either gender and so it is necessary to assume that the probability of the gender of the next child is independent of the genders of preceding children. In that case the probability of the next child being a girl is 1/2.There is not enough information on the propensity for the parents to have a child of either gender and so it is necessary to assume that the probability of the gender of the next child is independent of the genders of preceding children. In that case the probability of the next child being a girl is 1/2.There is not enough information on the propensity for the parents to have a child of either gender and so it is necessary to assume that the probability of the gender of the next child is independent of the genders of preceding children. In that case the probability of the next child being a girl is 1/2.


A couple has two female children What is the probability that their next child will be male?

50%


What is the probability that their next child will be male?

1 in 2 children born will be male.


If parents with normal pigmentation have an albino child what is the chance that their next child will have normal pigmentation?

The chance that their next child will have normal pigmentation is 75%. Albinism is usually caused by a recessive gene, so both parents would need to carry the gene in order to have an albino child. If both parents have normal pigmentation, then the chance of passing on the albino gene to their next child is 25%.


What is the probability that their next child will be a daughter?

The gender of a child is not a random variable so the question cannot be answered without additional information.


A woman has 5 children 1 girl and 4 boys What is the probability that her next child will be a girl?

50%, the Father's contribution decides the sex of a child.


What is the probability that the next two children will both be affected with galactosemia?

The probability that a child is affected with galactosemia is 1/40,000. The probability that both children are affected would be (1/40,000) * (1/40,000) = 1/1,600,000,000.


Man with blood type B marries a woman with blood type A and their child is blood type O what is the porbabtility their next child will be blood type AB or B?

The probability of their next child being blood type AB is 0% because neither parent carries the AB blood type. The probability of their next child being blood type B is 25% because the father carries the B allele, which can be passed on to the child.


What is the probability of after six girls born the next child being a girl?

There is no simple answer to the question because the children's genders are not independent events. They depend on the parents' ages and their genes. Unfortunately there is no readily available research into the genders of seven or more children to establish the experimental probability for such an outcome. However, if you assume that they are independent events then, given that the probability of a girl is approx 0.48, then the probability of the seventh child being a girl is 0.48.


When a family of seven boys and no girls is expecting an eighth child what is the probability of the next child being a girl?

If the gender of a child were an independent variable then the genders of the existing children would be irrelevant and so the probability of the next child being a girl would be approximately 1/2.It would be approximately 1/2 because the overall proportion is not exactly half. However, and more important, is the fact that the gender of a child is affected by the parents' genes and so is not independent of the gender of previous children.


What is the probility that the next child will also be normal?

The risk of some congenital illnesses increases with the age of the mother. Since there is no information about that, it is not possible to give a more useful answer to the question.


What is the probability that the next coin flip will come up heads?

If it is a fair coin then the probability is 0.5