What is the largest remainder possible if the divisor is 10
8 is the greatest possible whole number remainder, eg seventeen divided by nine...
If the divisor is 7, the quotient is 9, and the remainder is 6, then the dividend must be 69.
The divisor is 9. quotient x divisor + remainder = dividend ⇒ quotient x divisor = dividend - remainder ⇒ divisor = (dividend - remainder) ÷ quotient = (53 - 8) ÷ 5 = 45 ÷ 5 = 9
62. One less than the divisor.
24. It is always one less than the divisor.
No, because in that case your quotient should be increased by 1 and your remainder should be 0.
14. The largest possible number for a remainder is 1 less than the divisor.
It is not possible to answer this since the divisor is unknown.
12-1, that is, 11.
The remainder is less than the divisor because if the remainder was greater than the divisor, you have the wrong quotient. In other words, you should increase your quotient until your remainder is less than your divisor!
an exact divisor of a number is one that leaves no remainder (a remainder of zero)--example: 27 divided by 3 is 9 but 27 divided bt 4 is 6 remainder 3 so 4 is not an exact divisor of 27 but 3 is
% cannot be a reminder if the divisor is 5, so the question is based on an error.
9. The divisor must be greater than the remainder. A 1 digit divisor that is greater than 8 can only be 9.
Yes, provided the divisor is greater than 5.
1. The divisor is the second number in a division problem. For instance 6 / 3 = 2. In this example, the divisor is 3. If you have a divisor of X, then the largest remainder possible is X-1. This is because if you had one more number in the remainder, it would form a complete count, and the remainder would go away. In the case of 2 as your divisor, think of the number 11. 11 / 2 has a remainder of 1. However, if you had one more in the remainder, you'd have 2, and that would be a complete division. (Also, the number you have to be 12.) And there would be no remainder.
Because if the remainder is greater, then you could "fit" another divisor value into it. if they are equal, then you can divide it easily. Thus, the remainder is always lower than the divisor.
If you divide by 8, the remainder can be any number from 0 to 7.